Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ministry in Action

Our Soul Patrol kids at church are performing a play called A Love Ministry tomorrow night, February 12th, and I can't wait. We just got back from dress rehearsal and these children are awesome. We had some no shows but we've been working on it for so long the others kids filled in the parts pretty easily. Praying they all make it to the performance. I have some pretty awesome kids in this group. I'm sure it will work out. God won't let us fail when we are doing it for Him.

I wrote the play so it's a double dose of excitement here. To see the kids perform my work and the pleasure of working with them. They may not believe it the way I yell (in love) but I absolutely love working with them. They are so fun and exuberant (which is why I have to get loud) but I just want to hug them all. I really do love you guys. I mean it.

The weather man is predicting snow flurries. Seriously? We've had beautiful weather, barely even had to wear a coat this winter and just as we finally settle down to do our play, snow? Not happening. Again, God is watching over us. You hear that, devil?

I'm already thinking of what we can do next. This play has puppets, singings, Godzilla, break dancing, solo's and acting all from kids ages 5 to 12. How can we top that? We may have to take it on the road. Nursing homes, here we come.


No comments:

Post a Comment