Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Photo of the Day: Handicap Hand


Note to Self: Do NOT use a metal toilet paper holder as a handicap bar.
It breaks apart and tears skin.
Looks like I hit someone. I didn't, I promise.
So this is my handicapped hand.


Sunday night just before the kid's play I made a quick trip to the potty.
I didn't go in the handicap stall, the door was shut and I was in a hurry.
I held on to the tp holder but it didn't hold me.
It slipped apart and the metal piece jabbed into my hand.
The cut on the side (not shown) doesn't look quite a bad and bruised punture wound on top.
So I went to the doctor today for my 3 month checkup and I casually show my hand to him.
He was concerned it might be infected so I came out with a tetanus shot
(only had the one with diptheria and pertussis so no hooping cough for me)
and a new antibiotic to take 3 times a day, in case it's infected.
Sounds pretty intense to me. I think he was a little worried.
Then I remembered later, it is on the right hand, attached to the right arm which
I'm not supposed to even get BP taken on since I'm short a few lymph nodes.
Hmmm.
Guess it was a good idea to show him although my arm might argue with that.
So far it isn't sore though.
I learned years ago it hurts less if you relax your arm.
or hurts more if you tense up.
Works both ways.

The doc also told me to diet and exercise. I begged for diet pills but he's a no go on those.
At least my bloodwork was good.
So I'll be back to trying to lose weight with diet and exercise.
Too bad there's not a shot for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment